Quipper Entertainment

Posting lyrics (sometimes my own), vids and songs of things of interest to me. I may even comment on the "things of interest" on occasion. Note that, just cuz it's posted here doesn't mean I like it. One request, though: please keep your comments clean. My links from this site are to other photo and/or music sites. For my list o' links, see my QuipSpot blog.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Love Those Outfits

Here are The Buggles, doing Video Killed the Radio Star. But that was before MTV killed videos.





But, what killed music? (At least the pop variety.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

um... nothing killed music...
But Rock killed the pop =P
or maybe it was country but im not a huge country fan...

9/29/2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

I think hip hop killed it all. While the female singing is good, there is no real male singing in hip hop. (Somebody correct me if I am wrong.)

9/29/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

I remember when MTV was born. I went to a party in honor of the event.

I'm not going to watch this one. Can't stomach the song.

9/29/2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Polly, we play "Video" and "99 Red Balloons" at our gigs. I personally don't like either of them. Somehow, though, they both play very well at Cleveland's "finer" establishments.

I'd much rather go for some G&R, Tesla, Creed, etc.

10/01/2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Hey, Quipper, if you need a new video to blog about, I think this should fit the bill.

10/04/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Barb,

That's hilarious! Gotta love Bollywood.

10/04/2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home