Quipper Entertainment

Posting lyrics (sometimes my own), vids and songs of things of interest to me. I may even comment on the "things of interest" on occasion. Note that, just cuz it's posted here doesn't mean I like it. One request, though: please keep your comments clean. My links from this site are to other photo and/or music sites. For my list o' links, see my QuipSpot blog.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

70s Acid Trips Brought to Kid TV

Who could have thought that shows like HR Pufinstuf and Land of the Lost were actually good. What were the Kroffts smoking (or dropping) when they spawned these concepts? And what about the studios that thought they were good ideas?

7 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

ooooookaaaaay....

o.o

9/07/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Yep. Weird, huh? And I thought this was good television in the '70s.

9/07/2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/07/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Scottius Maximus said...

Quipper!

I love HR! He rules. I mean, I don't pray to him, but he's impossible not to like, right?

If you really want creeped out mushroom-fun, check out "Liddsville". Now THAT SHOW was downright scary. I couldn't even really watch it.

9/07/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Scottius, I liked him, too. Looking back, the whole concept is just a bit freaky.

I'll have to check out Liddsville.

9/07/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Liddsville was very, very scary. What about the Bugaloos? Or the Banana Split Show? I think acid trips explains the quality of 70's television very well. And we were young and didn't know any better!

9/08/2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

I didn't watch the Bugaloos, but I loved the Banana Splits.

9/08/2006 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home