Quipper Entertainment

Posting lyrics (sometimes my own), vids and songs of things of interest to me. I may even comment on the "things of interest" on occasion. Note that, just cuz it's posted here doesn't mean I like it. One request, though: please keep your comments clean. My links from this site are to other photo and/or music sites. For my list o' links, see my QuipSpot blog.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Song vs. Song, round 2

Round 1 was posted on my QuipSpot blog. Since moving all the entertainment stuff over here, I decided to post round 2 and all subsequent rounds over here.

Which one would you want to hear covered by a good local rock band, while paying $ to drink at your favorite watering hole? ("Both" and "Neither" are an acceptable answers.)

The combatants:

Yesterday - Santa Monica, by Everclear. A foot stomping, head bobbing good tune.




Today - Steady As She Goes, by The Raconteurs. More of a classic rock sound in my opinion.

8 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Steady as She Goes, definitely. Is it just me, though, or did neither of those songs seem to "say" much? I don't mean a world-altering message, just they seemed to just repeat the same theme over and over and over. Will you include the cow moos if you play Steady as She Goes? :D

9/09/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Steady as She goes!!! The first one put me to sleep, I couldnt listen to the whole thing =P Can you wear top hats and dorky glasses too? ;)

9/09/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Barb - most pop/rock songs don't say much. Knowing how most of the artists think, the less they say, the better.

Emily - um, no.

9/09/2006 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both.

:-P

jeburbzp

9/13/2006 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOTH I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!




fxcbmm

9/14/2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All two of them!

9/14/2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Scott, thanks for voting three times. However, this isn't a Chicago mayoral election, or a Dade/Broward voting precinct. I am only counting your vote once.

9/14/2006 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew!

I thought you was givin me da silent treatment.

both.

tqgxp.

9/15/2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home