Quipper Entertainment

Posting lyrics (sometimes my own), vids and songs of things of interest to me. I may even comment on the "things of interest" on occasion. Note that, just cuz it's posted here doesn't mean I like it. One request, though: please keep your comments clean. My links from this site are to other photo and/or music sites. For my list o' links, see my QuipSpot blog.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sick, In A Good Way

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's talents...especially on the bass or banjo. :-)

The funky looking instrument is actually an electric drum set. Go figure.



Sinister Minister, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

Some excellent scenery from New Orleans, too. Mrs. Quipper thinks some of it may be from the upper 9th ward, especially the cemetary scenes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

DH and I got to see these guys live, ages and ages ago. They opened for Take Six at the Front Row. Take Six was a whole 'nother experience in itself.

10/31/2006 12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or the harmonica...etc etc etc.

You know what the difference between a banjo and an onion is?

Nobody cries when you chop up a banjo!


Actually, I wanted to learn the banjo when I was a kid. Now I'm just a no-skills adult, covetous of everyone else's talent, remorseful that I didn't stick with it as a kid.

My kids have heard it all before...I don't think they believe it...lol

10/31/2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I was gonna say harmonica *pouts*

I believe it =P I just dont have the motivation to *teach myself*


So what was that box thing that sorta looked like a guitar but it wasnt....

10/31/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Emily, it's an electric drum set.

Barb, I saw them play at Scene Pavilion two years ago, and they were awesome. Part jam band, part jazz band, part novelty act. Excellent musicians and performers.

10/31/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh, i wasnt sure... i googled it and didnt look like that so...

11/01/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Emily, it may be some a drum kit that he had specially made, too.

11/01/2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home